Children With Special Needs Program
Child Find is a part of the Early Intervention program and is responsible for tracking children from birth to three who are at risk for developmental delays. The goal of the program is to make sure that each child has a primary health care provider who can complete periodic developmental screenings and offer developmental tracking using periodic parental questionnaires.
Children may be at risk for developmental delays due to the following:
- Absence of health insurance
- Gestational age less than 33 weeks
- Chronic ear infections
- Low birth weight (less than 3.3 lbs)
- CNS insult or abnormality
- Maternal age less than 16
- Growth deficiency
- Suspected hearing loss or visual impairment
- Maternal PKU
- Parental developmental delay
- Muscle tone abnormalities
The Children With Special Needs Program is coordinated by:
Contact the program coordinator if you are interested in more information about this topic, such as educational materials, presentations, and resources.